Use this in-browser feature to take screenshots on Google Chrome
If you are browsing the internet, you may come across various websites where you find the content interesting and want to capture it via screenshot. If you’re on a smartphone or tablet, taking a screenshot might not be a problem. But, if you are on a computer, you may need to install a third-party application to take a screenshot. However, if you are using Google Chrome, you don’t need to install any software to take a screenshot.
Google Chrome enables some features that will help you take screenshots without installing any third-party app. The built-in functionality of the browser sets it apart from other browsers. Apart from this built-in feature, Google Chrome also enables many features. However, we will stick to the “Built-in Google Chrome screenshot feature and how to enable it” on the browser.
Steps to enable the built-in screenshot feature
- Find Google Chrome on your computer and open it.
- After opening the browser, open the flags settings page by entering this (chrome://flags) in the address bar.
- You will find many search options. Find the “Desktop Screenshots” option from the given options.
- If you don’t use the steps mentioned above, you can directly enter this (chrome://flags/#sharing-desktop-screenshots) in the address bar.
- Look for “Desktop Screenshots” and “Desktop Screenshots Editing Mode” options and click “Enable” from the drop-down menu.
- Once the changes are activated on Google Chrome, you will get the relaunch option on the browser. Click the “Relaunch” button at the bottom.
After following the above mentioned steps, you will be able to get an inbuilt screenshot tool on the right corner of the browser.
How to use the function
- Click on the “Share this page” tool in the right corner of the address bar.
- Select the screenshot option from the drop-down menu.
- Select the area of the screen where you want to take a screenshot. The screenshot will automatically be copied to the clipboard and will be generated in the upper right corner.
- You can either download the screenshot or edit it and save it to your computer.
Also Read: Google Unveils New Street View Camera That Can Fit Any…