Their differences and how to configure them
Your browser is where you start your web journey. With this, it should be shaped according to your preferences to provide you with the best possible comfort. You have two options: a default browser page or a blank About page. Before choosing one, however, you might want to know the main differences between them.
What is a browser default page?
When you open your browser, you’ll usually see a browser search page along with some of the most frequently used sites. This is great, especially if the search engine is the first tool you use when opening the browser. However, if there is a site that you always need to check, setting up a default browser page will suit you better. This could be Skype for work, a site from your favorite news agency, social media, etc.
What is a blank page?
Seeing your browser with an empty white page when you open it can be disturbing. This About Blank page can be the result of different reasons. It may be a reaction to a reaction to a virus or malware attack, abrupt removal of malware or adware, result of bugs in code and browsers, corrupted page cache, blocked pop-up ads, poor internet connection and other underlying issues where browser has nothing else to display. Remarkably, it can also be configured voluntarily by users who do not wish to open their browser with sites they have already visited or frequently use. This can be useful if you want to respect confidentiality.
How do I set up a default browser page and a blank About page?
As mentioned earlier, you have the option of launching your browser with a default browser page or a blank About page. The processes for doing them will only vary depending on the type of browser you are using. Here’s how you can do them on four major web browsers:
- To throw Google Chrome Navigator.
- Click on the browser menu, which appears as three vertical dots next to the profile icon next to your profile.
- Click on Settings.
- Click it When the engine starts section, where you will be presented with three options: Open the New Tab page, continue where you left off, and Open a specific page or set of pages. Choose the one that suits your preferences.
- Repeat the process and select Open a specific page or set of pages.
- Click on Add a new page and enter “about:blank” as URL.
- Close the Chrome browser and restart your computer to apply the changes.
- To throw MozillaFirefox Navigator.
- Click on the browser menu.
- Click on Settings
- Go to the House tongue.
- Use the drop-down menu next to Home page and new windows and choose from the three options: Firefox Home (default), custom URLs or blank page.
- Do the same process and select Blank page in the drop-down menu next to Home page and new windows.
- To throw Microsoft Edge.
- Click the Border menu.
- To select Settings.
- Select the Start, Home and New Tabs from Settings lateral bar.
- Choose from the three options offered under the When Edge starts section: Open New Tab page, Open tabs from previous session, Where Open these pages. In the last option you can choose between Add a new page Where Use all open tabs.
- Do the same process and select Open these pagesthen Add a new page.
- Enter “about:blank” as URL.
- Close the browser and restart your computer to apply the changes.
- Launch it Safari Navigator.
- To select Safari in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Choose the Preferences in the menu bar.
- Go to the General where you will see some options (Safari opens with, A new window opens with, and A new tab opens with) which will allow you to modify your start page. Each has a drop-down menu you can choose from.
- If you define Safari opens with for A new windowyou will see different choices in the drop-down menu, such as Start Page, Home Page, Empty Page, Same Page, Tabs for Favorites, and Choose the tabs folder.
- Meanwhile, you will find a box next to the Home page where you can enter the URL of the site you want to set as the default homepage.
- Do the same process and set Safari opens with for A new window. After that, click on the drop-down menu next to New windows open with and choose Blank page.