How to Update Google Chrome Browser
Every six weeks or so, Google updates its browser and often updates it along the way with security updates and other minor cosmetic changes. Although many browsers can be set to update automatically, it is recommended that you check manually for updates immediately.
This week, Google released version 103 which incorporates updates for faster web page load times, the ability to better block site notifications from specific sites, and updates to recognize malicious websites.
Follow these steps to update the browser now.
- For those with access to Google Chrome for Mac
- Select About Chromium from the Chrome menu
- Allow it to scan from a most recent update
- Click on Revive to complete the update
- Open Chrome browser
- At the top right, click After
- Click on To helpthen About Google Chrome
- Select Update Google Chrome
Note: If you don’t see the “Update Google Chrome” button, your browser is already updated
- Click on Revive complete
- From your phone or tablet, open the Google Play Store app
- Press the profile icon top right
- Select Manage apps and device
- To find Chromium located under “Updates available”
- Faucet Update
iPhones and iPads
- Launch Apple App Store
- Faucet Profile top right (it looks like you or the shape of a person)
- Scroll to “Updates available” and search for Chrome
- If you see Chrome in the list, tap Update
- Enter your password or Apple ID password if prompted
- Chrome will automatically update once the download is complete
How to protect all your devices 24/7
While it is very important to keep software updated from trusted sources, this threat once again highlights the importance of adding a solid antivirus security protection layer on all your devices. More often than not, these types of security threats are detected and prevented from harming you if you have deployed good protection. Lock in your technology now. See my review of antivirus protection for 2022, including our TotalAV top pick.