How To Uninstall Microsoft Edge Browser From Windows 11 PC 2022 Tip
This tutorial is about how to uninstall Microsoft Edge browser from Windows 11 PC. We will try our best for you to understand this guide. I hope you will like this blog How to Uninstall Microsoft Edge Browser from Windows 11 PC. If your answer is yes, please share after reading this.
Check How to Uninstall Microsoft Edge Browser from Windows 11 PC
Although a perfect browser these days, Microsoft Edge is not for everyone. In fact, by many estimates, Edge isn’t for most people, making up just 3.5% of the market compared to Chrome’s 64.9%. Most users who reject Edge just simply install Chrome, Firefox, or Opera and change the default browser to Windows 11 or 10. But for some people, avoiding using Microsoft’s browser isn’t enough. and leave him a stunted organ. in the body of your Start menus; they want to remove Edge entirely. Usually, when you want to uninstall an app in Windows 11 or 10, you just need to go to Settings->Apps->Apps & Features, find your app name, select Uninstall and (Microsoft) Bob is your uncle .
Microsoft has given the Edge browser full autonomy where they can import and export their data from any other browser. This is because Microsoft doesn’t allow you to uninstall the app (at least not easily) and wants you to continue using it. As mentioned above, Edge is the default Windows browser. Since Windows runs applications that rely on the web platform and require constant access to the Internet, Microsoft claims that Edge is an essential component of its operating system.
How to Uninstall Edge Browser from Windows 11
Remove Microsoft Edge Beta, Dev, or Canary Channel builds from Windows 11
It’s easy to remove Microsoft Edge Beta, Dev, or Canary builds from your Windows 11 computer. This is because none of these builds come with Windows 11 by default, which means you need to have it manually installed on your computer. device. So follow our guide below to uninstall any preview version of Microsoft Edge from your PC.
- Open Settings using the Windows 11 keyboard shortcut Windows key + I. Then click “Apps” in the left sidebar and select “Apps & features” in the right pane.
- In the list that appears, scroll down and locate Microsoft Edge Beta/ Dev/ Canary. Now click on the three-dot menu button next to your name and press “Uninstall”. Confirm when prompted.
Disable Microsoft Edge browser in Windows 11
If you’re not the biggest fan of Microsoft Edge, you can choose to disable the browser in Windows 11 instead of completely uninstalling it. That’s how:
- Navigate to the following folder on your computer: C:WindowsSystemApps. Then locate the following subfolder: Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe. Now right click on the folder and hit the “Rename” icon to rename the folder.
- You can change the folder name to anything you want. Once you’ve chosen a new name, hit enter and click “Continue” on the pop-up window to confirm your decision.
Uninstall Microsoft Edge from Windows 11
If disabling the browser is not enough, you can choose to uninstall Microsoft Edge from Windows 11 using Command Prompt or Windows PowerShell. We’ll show you both methods in this article, so let’s get started!
Remove Microsoft Edge from Windows 11 Using Command Prompt
To remove Microsoft Edge via Command Prompt, you must first check the version number of Microsoft Edge on your computer. Here’s how:
- Open Microsoft Edge and click on the three-dot menu button in the upper right corner. Now go to “Settings” in the drop-down panel.
- On the next page, click “About Microsoft Edge” at the bottom of the left sidebar.
- You will now see the version number of the Edge browser you are using in the foreground. Write it down because you will need it for the uninstallation.
- Next, open a command prompt window in administrator mode. To do this, search for “cmd” (without the quotes) in the Windows search bar and click on “Run as administrator”.
- Next, copy and paste the following command into the Command Prompt window:
- cd %PROGRAMFILES(X86)%MicrosoftEdgeApplication9*Installer and press Enter.
- Next, copy and paste the following command and press Enter to remove Microsoft Edge from your computer: settings –uninstall –force-uninstall –system level.
Remove Microsoft Edge from Windows 11 using PowerShell
You can also remove the stable version of Microsoft Edge from your Windows 11 PC using Windows PowerShell. That’s how:
- Open PowerShell in administrator mode on your Windows 11 PC. To do this, search for “powershell” in the Windows search bar and click “Run as administrator”.
- In the PowerShell window, copy and paste the following command and press Enter: get-appxpackage *edge*. Now copy the full path of installed Edge browser. You will see it next to “PackageFullName”.
- Now type remove-appxpackage and hit the spacebar on your keyboard. Then paste the copied address next to the command you just typed. Check the screenshot below to dispel your doubts.
Final Words: How to Uninstall Microsoft Edge Browser from Windows 11 PC
Hope you understand this article How to Uninstall Microsoft Edge Browser from Windows 11 PC, if your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section linked to this article. And if your answer is yes, share this article with your family and friends.