How to Save a Web Page as a PDF in Any Browser
We have tried to cover the most popular browsers in the following guide as there are several browsers out there.
Although we live in a perpetually online world, there are times when you want to save a web page as a PDF document so that you can read it later. You can copy the link to the webpage and email yourself, but you’ll need an active internet connection to read it again. Saving a web page as a PDF is a great way to keep content in an easily accessible format.
Additionally, once you save a web page as a PDF, you have the option to annotate it or print it for your records. But how do you save a web page as a PDF?
Here is a step-by-step guide that can help you save almost any web page from your browser directly to your device in PDF format. We have tried to cover the most popular browsers in the following guide as there are several browsers out there. We will cover Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mac Safari and Firefox.
To convert web page content to PDF document on Google Chrome web browser, follow the steps given below:
- Open a web page that you want to save in a browser tab.
- Click on the three dots icon in the upper right corner.
- Choose To print in the drop-down menu.
- Alternatively, you can press ControlControl + P on Windows PC and Command + P on Mac to access the print menu.
- Once you have followed the steps above, you will see a popup window popup from which you can select the file destination and easily print the web page to PDF.
- You can click the More settings and change various settings if you want more control, including size and scaling.
- Once you are happy with the format, click Save.
Microsoft is Microsoft’s new browser and is the successor to the good old Internet Explorer. Since the latest version of this browser is based on Chromium, the steps for converting a web page to PDF that we describe apply to the latest version and not to previous versions:
- Click it three dots icon which is in the upper right corner.
- To select To print in the drop-down menu or activate the To print menu directly by pressing ControlControl + P on Windows PC and Command + P on Mac.
- A window will appear. Click the down arrow under printer tab and select Save as PDF to print the web page in pdf format.
- You can also change a few aspects of the PDF, including formatting, size, and scaling.
- Hit Save to complete the process.
Saving a web page as a PDF on Safari is very easy. There are several ways to download a web page in PDF format on this browser. Here’s the easiest and least complicated way to do it.
- Open the webpage you want to save as a PDF.
- Click on the menu that says File and select Export to PDF.
- A appear A window will appear where you can choose the document destination, file name and other aspects.
- Hit Save, and that’s all!
Firefox is very popular, especially among Windows users, but it lacks a built-in PDF printer to download web pages in PDF format. The browser must rely on Microsoft Print to save a web page as a PDF.
You can get the job done by following these steps:
- Click it hamburger icon (three similar icons) top right.
- To select To print in the drop-down menu.
- To select Microsoft Print to PDF in the Printer tab on the pop-up window.
- Hit To print to save the document.
Extensions and other tools
What if you want to customize the PDF before saving it? You can do this by using specialized online tools to directly convert HTML to PDF. You can customize how your saved PDF looks and how and where you want to save it. If you plan to convert hundreds of web pages to PDF, these online extensions and tools can be a great option.
1. PDF Offset
It’s an online tool that can convert any web page from HTML to PDF, and it’s free to use. You need to create a free account and you are good to go.
It is an excellent software with built-in PDF creation and editing tools. You can generate highly personalized PDFs with watermarks and the like using NovaPDF. Although you have to pay for the software, it’s worth it if you’re dealing with PDF files for commercial purposes.