How to Install IDM Integration Module Extension in Chrome Browser 2022
This tutorial is about installing the IDM integration module extension in the Chrome browser. We will do our best for you to understand this guide. I hope you will like this blog How to Install IDM Integration Module Extension in Chrome Browser. If your answer is yes, please share after reading this.
Check How to Install IDM Integration Module Extension in Chrome Browser
IDM Integration Module is the name of a browser extension installed by the popular third-party Internet Download Manager (IDM) download management software. IDM adds it in web browsers to integrate with the browser. This extension can be used in all web browsers such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera and the new Microsoft Edge browser. When you install the IDM program on your Windows computer, it automatically integrates with all major web browsers. It adds its extension on all the web browsers installed in your computer system. The IDM integration module extension helps IDM bring its functionality to all major web browsers.
When you try to download a file in your web browser, IDM supports download from web browser. IDM Chrome Extension is an IDM Chrome extension that forwards Google Chrome downloads for any file or entire webpage directly to Internet Download Manager. Sometimes IDM cannot integrate with installed web browsers. You cannot install its extension on your browser, so you cannot use IDM to download content from websites. On the other hand, download managers like IDM, FDM can speed up slow download speeds and provide the highest possible download speed on your internet.
How to Install IDM Integration Module Extension in Chrome Browser
Automatic installation of the IDM extension
- The pop-up notification appears in Google Chrome when you install IDM version 6.33 or later, and the IDM integration module extension is automatically added to the Chrome browser.
- Make sure your IDM is up to date. Go to Help > About IDM > Check for updates. If the version is not up to date, it will start downloading the latest version.
- After updating to 6.33 and later, it will automatically install the IDM integration module extension in the Chrome web browser.
Manual installation of extensions
IDM extension may not be automatically installed in your browser due to these errors
- Not from the Chrome Web Store. This extension violates Chrome Web Store policy.
- Suspicious extensions disabled. To make Chrome more secure, we’ve disabled some extensions that don’t appear in the Chrome Web Store and may have been added without your knowledge.
- Google marked IDM Integration as malicious and installation was prevented.
In these cases, manually install the IDM integration module extension in Chrome as follows.
- Go to the Chrome Web Store to install the IDM integration module extension in Google Chrome.
- Click Add to Chrome, a permission pop-up will appear below the address bar. Finally, click Add Extension to install the extension on Chrome.
Manually with the IDM drag and drop module
The automatic integration of the IDM integration module may fail for one reason or another. In such cases, please drag and drop the IDM extension into the Chrome browser to install it manually.
- Open the Chrome extension page where you need to place the extension file by copying and pasting the following address into the Chrome address bar. You can also access it from the 3 vertical dots menu > More tools > Extensions.
- Navigate to the Internet Download Manager installation folder, which is usually located here unless installed in another location.
- C:Program Files (x86)Internet Download Manager
- Look for the file titled IDMGCExt.crx. Drag it to the Extensions tab in Chrome. A warning will appear
- Extensions, applications and themes can damage your computer. Are you sure you want to continue? Click Continue and a prompt to install the module will appear on the screen.
Final Words: How to Install IDM Integration Module Extension in Chrome Browser
Hope you understand this article How to Install IDM Integration Module Extension in Chrome Browser, if your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section linked to this article. And if your answer is yes, share this article with your family and friends.