How to Fix High CPU Usage in AVG Secure Browser [2022 Guide]
- Multiple tabs open on a browser can cause it to consume more system resources than necessary.
- Computers that have been exposed to malware may also experience high CPU usage.
- You can use simple one-click tools to remove malware or fix high resource usage.
Navigation is an important part of our daily life. As it takes a lot of time, it only makes sense that we stay as safe as possible when browsing. Therefore, using secure browsers like AVG Secure Browser is just common sense.
However, running computer software takes a heavy toll on your system resources, and sometimes it even acts abnormally. One such case is high CPU usage by AVG Secure Browser.
In this article, we are going to discuss it and tell you what to do to fix it.
Why does AVG Secure Browser use so much CPU?
There are several reasons why your AVG Secure Browser can use so much CPU. First, opening too many tabs is a common culprit. When you have too many tabs open and they are all active, it would increase CPU usage.
It could also be caused by malware on your computer. Thus, if you clicked on links containing malware, computer processes may start randomly, increasing CPU usage.
Can malware cause high CPU usage?
Yes, malware can. Viruses can specifically cause programs to open and multiply repeatedly. If this box is unchecked, you will have high CPU usage.
You can use another online security tool with less CPU impact. ESET Internet Security is not only one of the best antiviruses on the market, but it is also light on resource usage.
It has dedicated features to secure payments, protect your webcam and microphone, stop trackers, and identify suspicious websites.
ESET Internet Security
Protect yourself in real time against zero-day threats with advanced detection engines for safe browsing!
What can I do if AVG Secure Browser is using too many resources?
1. Close unused tabs
If you have many tabs open, you may start experiencing high CPU usage. The trick is to close as many open tabs as possible. This will reduce the amount of work your system has to process.
2. End each AVG process
- Right click on the Begin menu and select the Task Manager.
- Click on the Process tab, then right click on your AVG Secure Browser process and select the Final task option.
- Restart the browser to check if the high CPU usage issue is resolved.
3. Scan for and remove all malware
- Click it Begin menus, type Securityand select the Windows Security application.
- Select Protection against viruses and threats in the left pane and click Scan options on the right pane.
- Select the Full Scan option, and click the scan now button.
At the end of the scan, verify that the issue of AVG using too much memory is gone. Note that although we used built-in Windows security for the scan, you can also use third-party anti-malware tools.
Many viruses will use almost all of your resources and increase your CPU usage to near maximum levels. because they are often designed to consume a lot of CPU power.
Some malware bombards you with pop-up ads or crypto miners that generate Bitcoin, which will lead to high CPU usage.
It would be helpful if you use anti-malware to deeply scan your entire PC and all external devices.
In conclusion, there are many specialized software tools that reduce high resource usage. Many of them only require one click after installation. So, if none of the fixes worked, you should try one of these software tools to fix high CPU usage.
Let us know if you were able to fix the issue in the comments box below.
Start a conversation