However, you can modify the browser settings to disable it. But should it be disabled? And what happens when you do?
In this article, we have tried to answer several questions like these and our thoughts on whether opting out is a good option.
Most browsers have similar settings to enable/disable it, but may vary slightly from each other.
Nevertheless, you can skip straight to the section mentioning the method for your particular browser.
- Launch the Chrome browser and click on the three vertical dots in the upper right corner of the window.
- Move towards Settings > Privacy and Security.
- Now select Site settings from the right pane.
On Android Chromium
- Open the Chrome app.
- Tap the three-dot menu icon in the upper right corner and select Settings.
- In the Advanced section, tap Site settings.
- Open the Firefox browser on your system.
- Paste or type
about:configin its URL bar at the top.
- Click it Accept the risk and carry on button to continue.
- Now type and search
On Microsoft Edge
- Open Microsoft Edge, click the three horizontal dots icon and select Settings.
- Now in the left sidebar select Cookies and site permissions.
- Launch the Opera browser.
- Click the Easy Setup icon in the upper right corner next to your profile icon and select the icon Access full browser settings option.
- Choose the Privacy & Security tab, then click Site settings from the right pane.
- Launch the Safari browser.
- Now click Safari next to the Apple icon in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Select the Preferences option.
On the mobile version of Safari
- Open the Settings app and select Safari from the list.
- Now scroll down the screen and tap Advanced.
For mobile browsers, you can find a similar setting under Add a site exception.
- Open the Chrome browser.
- Hurry CTRL + Gap + I key to open the Inspect Items section. You can also right-click on an empty space in a browser and select the Inspect option.
In other words, the sites will not work as expected. You will not be able to interact with the website as you will not be able to add new comments, chat in real time and view any dynamic content, such as a new message. Also, the layout of the content can be disoriented.