How to Enable and Use Commander in Chrome Browser 2022
This tutorial explains how to enable and use Commander in the Chrome browser. We will do our best for you to understand this guide. I hope you will like this blog How to Enable and Use Commander in Chrome Browser. If your answer is yes, please share after reading this.
Check how to enable and use Commander in Chrome browser
Chrome’s Command feature lets you quickly open a special command window that lists your recently visited pages (browsing history), bookmark entries, and built-in options. The key point here is a search box that allows you to type in a search term and quickly jump to a specific option, bookmark or website. You can use the search interface to find specific Chrome features. According to Google, Commander acts as a “text-based interface for common Chromium functions.” The new feature is currently being tested in the latest Canary version of Google Chrome.
Chrome’s upcoming Commander feature provides a search interface to take full advantage of Chrome’s instructions, similar to how Chrome actions work. This can also be thought of as the same general search available in work programs. That said, here are the steps needed to enable the feature on your computer running Chrome Canary 90 and later.
Enable Chrome Commander
- Open Chrome Canary and visit chrome://flags. In the Chrome Flags search box, type “Order”. You can also paste the following URL into your browser:
- Choose “Enabled” from the drop-down list present next to the flag and restart the browser. The function will be available for use after it restarts.
Using Chrome Commander
- After enabling the feature, use the keyboard shortcut “Ctrl + Space” to activate Commander. You will now get a search box in Chrome, as you can see in the image below:
- You can now enter keywords to see all related commands. For example, if you type “new,” you’ll see options to quickly open Google Sheets, Meet, Form, Docs, and Slides. You can also open new tabs or windows from here. This should come in handy if you’re not used to Chrome’s various keyboard shortcuts.
- One aspect of the feature worth mentioning is that the search box won’t disappear when you click on it or switch to another tab, at least in its current state. You will again have to manually press the keyboard shortcut (Ctrl + Space) to close the search field.
Final Words: How to Enable and Use Commander in Chrome Browser
Hope you understand this article How to Enable and Use Commander in Chrome Browser, if your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section linked to this article. And if your answer is yes, share this article with your family and friends.