How to Change Default Web Browser on Windows 11 PC 2022 Tip
This tutorial explains how to change the default web browser on Windows 11 PC. We will do our best for you to understand this guide. I hope you will like this blog, How to Change Default Web Browser on Windows 11 PC. If your answer is yes, please share after reading this.
Check How to Change Default Web Browser on Windows 11 PC
If you upgraded your PC from Windows 10 to Windows 11, you might have noticed that clicking on a website link, PDF document, or various other file types now takes you to the Microsoft Edge browser. In its new version of Windows, Microsoft seems to have become particularly aggressive, pushing its own apps over the apps that came by default before the update. In other words, Edge has suddenly become your default browser. Usually, when you first visit another non-Edge browser, for example Google Chrome, the non-Edge browser will ask you if you want it to be the default browser.
However, the process of changing your default settings in Windows 11 has become more complicated than in Windows 10. We also discovered that when we clicked the button to make it our default browser, the Chrome browser did not able to change these settings for you. Instead, let’s go to the appropriate menu to do it ourselves.
Curiously, Firefox could perform the same task on its own. But perhaps the worst thing is that even if you change the settings correctly, Microsoft will open the Edge browser when you click on the links that appear in the Windows 11 search function or in the widgets panel.
How to Change Default Web Browser on Windows 11 PC
- Open the Settings app with the Windows 11 “Win + I” keyboard shortcut and switch to the “Applications” tab in the left sidebar. Then you need to click “Default apps” to change your default browser in Windows 11.
- Now, search for the browser you want to set as default in the search box present on the “Default apps” page. For example, we changed the default browser from Firefox to Google Chrome in this tutorial.
- Click the “Set as Default” button next to the “Default” option.
your default browser” at the top, and you are ready to go. You have successfully changed your default browser in Windows 11.
- As you can see below, Google Chrome is now the default browser on this PC. However, it should be noted that you will still need to manually change file types, such as .pdf, .shtml, .svg, etc.
- To change the default application for a specific file type or link type, click on it to choose the appropriate application from the list and press the “OK” button.
Steps to Set Default Browser in Windows 11 (Older Versions)
- First, open Settings (use Windows Win + I keyboard shortcut) and navigate to the “Applications” tab in the left panel. Then click “Default apps” in the right panel.
- Now, in the “Search apps” field, enter the name of the app that is currently the default browser on your Windows 11 PC. In my case, it’s Mozilla Firefox, but if you’re not sure, it’s probably Microsoft Edge.
- A list of file types and extensions, including .html, .svg, .pdf, .php, etc., for which Firefox is the default application will be displayed. Click on the extensions one by one and use the context menu to change the default browser to the one you want to use in Windows 11.
- Once you’ve changed the default browser for all extensions, restart your Windows 11 PC. Chrome will now be the default app to open all those extensions and file types, making it your default web browser. install Windows 11.
Final Words: How to Change Default Web Browser on Windows 11 PC
Hope you understand this article, How to Change Default Web Browser on Windows 11 PC. If your answer is no, you can ask anything through the contact forum section linked to this article. And if your answer is yes, share this article with your friends and family to show your support.