Fix RESULT_CODE_MISSING_DATA Error on Chrome Browser
In this article, we will show you how you can overcome the RESULT_CODE_MISSING_DATA error on Chromium. Google Chrome is undoubtedly the best internet browser. However, many users have reported encountering the RESULT_CODE_MISSING_DATA error on Chrome. This error prevents you from visiting a particular website on the browser. Whereas, sometimes it can also crash the browser. So, if you are also facing the same problem then continue with this troubleshooting guide to fix the issue.
What causes the RESULT_CODE_MISSING_DATA error on Chrome?
There can be several reasons behind the mentioned issue on Chrome. But among all, here are some of the most common reasons triggering the problem.
- The very first reason behind the problem is the corrupted data file.
- Another reason why you are experiencing the problem is a temporary return on the browser.
- Finally, if you haven’t downloaded the latest Chrome update for a long time, it’s no surprise that you’re running into different issues.
Fix RESULT_CODE_MISSING_DATA Error on Chrome
Below is a list of all the effective workarounds you can try, in case you encounter the RESULT_CODE_MISSING_DATA error on Chrome.
- Restart Google Chrome
- Download the latest Google Chrome update
- Remove unwanted extension
- Clear Google Chrome cache data
- Change Google Chrome compatibility
- Reset or reinstall Chrome
Let us now see all these solutions in detail.
1]Restart Google Chrome
Restarting is one of the best ways to get rid of any problem including the RESULT_CODE_MISSING_DATA error. No matter how simple it may seem, restarting is enough to get rid of the underlying problem. But before restarting, make sure you have saved all the work on the various open tabs.
Once you have restarted Chrome, visit the website that was showing the mentioned error. Check if the problem persists. If not, continue to the next workaround.
2]Download the latest Google Chrome update
As with any other application, it is always recommended to keep browser update. The new update comes with new features and lots of bug fixes. Moreover, the Chromium Issue Tracker inform the developers of the various problems that the users are facing. So, download the latest Google Chrome update to fix the problem. Here are the steps you need to follow.
- Open Google Chrome browser on your system.
- Tap on the three dots present in the upper right corner of the screen.
- In the list of options, click Settings.
- Click on the About Chromium option present in the left panel of the screen.
Now Google Chrome will check for available updates. If found, it will automatically initiate the download process. Once the update is downloaded, restart the browser and visit the website causing the error. Check if the issue is resolved or not.
3]Remove unwanted extension
Google Chrome extensions are among the best ways to increase your productivity. However, like anything else on the internet, they also have their own set of issues. Many malicious extensions are available on the Chrome Store. And by chance, you installed any of these extensions, you will face different errors including RESULT_CODE_MISSING_DATA error. Thus, make sure to install only reliable and necessary extensions. Here is what you need to do to remove unnecessary extensions on Google Chrome.
- Launch Google Chrome on your system.
- Tap the Extension icon present at the top of the screen.
- Click on Manage extensions.
- Look for any unnecessary extensions, and on the Remove option present under each extension.
You can even report the extension if you think it may harm other users as well. Once done, restart Chrome and check if the issue still occurs.
4]Clear Google Chrome cache data
Clearing Chrome cache data is another effective way to get rid of the mentioned issue. Here are the steps to delete cache data from Google Chrome. Before continuing, be sure to close all Chrome tabs.
- Open Google Chrome and click on the three dots present at the top right corner.
- Tap the Security and Privacy option present in the left panel of the screen.
- Click on Clear browsing data.
- Check Cached images and files, then click Clear data.
That’s it. Revisit the website and check if you are still encountering the error.
5]Change Google Chrome compatibility
Downloading the latest operating system update can sometimes affect the compatibility of different apps, including Google Chrome. If you have recently updated your system to Windows 11 or downloaded the latest Windows 10 patch update, it is no surprise that you are facing the issue in Google Chrome. Here’s what you need to do to change Google Chrome’s compatibility.
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut icon and choose Properties.
- Click on the Compatibility tongue
- Check mark Run this program in compatibility mode to and choose Windows 8 from the drop-down menu.
- Click Apply > OK.
6]Reset or reinstall Chrome
If nothing helps, try resetting Chrome first and see if that works. If not, reinstall Chrome and see.
Why does Google Chrome keep saying Aw snap?
The Aw snap error mainly occurs when trying to visit certain websites. The main reason for this error is the corrupted browser. You can fix this problem by updating the browser or logging in with new credentials.
Read more : Fixed RESULT_CODE_HUNG error on Microsoft Edge.