Brave browser not working? 8 ways to fix it
The brave browser is rapidly gaining popularity among many internet users due to its performance, built-in ad blocker, and Brave rewards, to name a few.
However, just like other browsers, it can also encounter bugs and issues. Some common issues are browser crashing, freezing, and pages not displaying or loading. And in the worst case, the browser does not open.
Sometimes a simple page reload is enough to get it going again. But, you might run into more complicated issues.
So, without further ado, let’s dive into the article to find out why this is happening and how you can fix it.
How to Fix Brave Browser Not Working?
Before moving on to the fixes, make sure that you are not facing any network connection issues. If you face it, you can reset network settings to solve it.
Also restart the browser or system and see if it works.
But, if the issues persist then you can go through several fixes in this article to resolve your issues with Brave browser.
Force quit browser
When you encounter a browser problem, you might have tried to close the browser. However, it can still run in the background, that’s why it’s not working. You can force close the browser using the task manager as follows:
- Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc key to open Task Manager.
- Now under the Processes tab, select the Brave process running in the background.
- Click it Final task button in the lower right corner of the window.
- Repeat the steps 2 and 3 for all existing Brave processes.
- Reopen the browser and see if it works now.
Clear your cache
The browser cache is intended to speed up browsing and load sites quickly. However, they can accumulate quickly and cause problems such as the browser opening but a web page fails to load or pages crash. Here’s how to clear the browser cache to fix these issues.
On the desk
- First, click on the hamburger menu (three horizontal bars) in the upper right corner of the window.
- Select the Settings option.
- Under the Privacy and Security tab, select the Clear browsing data option in the right pane.
- When prompted in the next window, check all the boxes and set the Time interval value at All times.
- Click it Erase data button.
- Relaunch the browser and check if the pages load as expected.
- Open the Settings application.
- Select apps and choose Brave in the app list.
- Now press Storage.
- Then press Empty the cache.
- Reopen the app and see if you have any issues.
If the browser crashes frequently or suddenly stops working, you are probably using an outdated version. Therefore, always use an updated version of the browser. You can update it as follows.
- Open the Brave browser.
- Click on the hamburger menu and select the About Brave option.
- Now the browser will automatically check for available updates. Wait for the update process to complete.
- To complete the update, relaunch the browser and check if it is working properly.
If you are using the app version, update it from the Play Store or App Store, depending on your device.
Disable third-party antivirus
While antivirus serves to make your system safer, sometimes it can have false alarms. Therefore, it may prevent some apps from working properly or even opening.
Therefore, check your antivirus settings and add Brave browser to its whitelist. On the other hand, temporarily disable the antivirus and check if it solves your problems.
Disable hardware acceleration
Instead of letting the CPU do all the tasks, hardware acceleration assigns some tasks to the GPU for better performance. However, enabling it is known to cause crashing or freezing issues in a browser. To deactivate it,
- Select the Brave browser shortcut. If you can’t find it, search for it in the search bar, right-click on it and select it. File location option.
- Now right click on it and select the Properties option.
- Under the Shortcut tab, add
–disable-gpuat the end of Target assess.
- Now click Apply and OK to make changes.
On the other hand, if you are able to open the browser but are having other issues with the browser, disable hardware acceleration from its settings.
- First, launch the browser and open its settings.
- Under the System tab, disable tab Use hardware acceleration when the option is available.
- Now close the browser and reopen it to check if it works as expected.
Although extensions provide additional functionality, sometimes they can conflict and cause browser crash issues. Likewise, installing too many can slow down the browser. Therefore, disable or uninstall unnecessary ones.
You can use incognito mode, where all extensions are disabled by default. However, if you’ve enabled them in incognito mode, here’s how you can disable them.
- First, launch the browser,
- Click on the hamburger menu in the upper right corner and select the Extensions option.
- Now disable the corresponding button to disable an extension. Additionally, click Remove to uninstall the browser extension.
Check for malware
Sometimes you may encounter issues with the browser due to the virus/malware. They can infect your PC and cause the browser to work unexpectedly. If you are using a Windows system, you can scan the system using the Windows Security app (formerly Windows Defender).
- Press Windows + R and paste the command
ms-settings:windowsdefenderto open the Security window.
- On the Virus & threat protection tab, click the Scan options in the right pane. You can find it under the Quick Scan button.
- In the Scan Options section, select Quick Scan, Full Scan or Custom Scan according to your preference.
- Wait for the scan to complete and take the recommended action.
If you’re still having issues with your Brave browser, consider reinstalling it. Here’s how you can do it.
- Press Windows key + R and type control to open the control panel.
- Now click Uninstall a program.
- Select the Brave browser from the list of applications and click on Uninstall from the top bar.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and uninstall the app.
- To completely remove its settings and data, open Run by pressing Windows key + R and paste
- Choose the BraveSoftware folder and delete the Brave-Navigator folder inside.
- Now download it and reinstall it from the Brave official site.
- Check if the browser works as expected now.