5 Ways to Fix Opera Browser Not Playing Audio/Sound
- Several things can prevent Opera browser from playing audio problem.
- Opera browser not playing audio problems can occur due to hardware malfunction, software issues or browser issue.
- Allowing sound access in Opera may solve the problem.
Opera browser is one of the best browsers to use for streaming and downloading audio and video content. However, when you go to a site and want to play an audio document, it may encounter some problems.
Many users frequently complain about this issue. Also, it is always annoying to want to listen to audio content on a website, and we hear anything. Therefore, fixing this problem is crucial as it will allow you to navigate your browser and access the sounds of media files.
- Hardware connection issue: The first thing that comes to mind when you encounter a browser not playing audio is a problem with the external audio device. However, it could be a connection issue whereby the external speaker is connected to the wrong port. Also, if it is a wireless device, there may be a connection problem. Although the external device does not control Opera, Opera plays audio files through the connected audio device. So, it can prevent Opera from not playing audio.
- Outdated Opera browser: An outdated browser can cause several problems. When you’re using a browser that’s outdated, you tend to miss out on new features from the latest patches. Thus, your browser may malfunction when it is old and not up to date.
- Corrupt browser caches and cookies: This data helps users browse the web faster and easier. However, they can cause problems with certain components of your browser like Opera not accessing audio features. So, when your browser’s caches and cookies become old or corrupted, they can prevent Opera from being able to play audio/sound.
- Access to sound is blocked in Opera browser: In the Opera browser settings, there is a switch button that allows users to enable or block audio playback of sites. However, you may encounter Opera browser not playing audio if the aforementioned switch is disabled.
Why can’t I hear sound on some Opera websites?
Opera makes it easy for users to allow or block audio playback on websites. So it is possible that you have already disabled the audio in your settings. Be sure to check before going any further.
It’s also important to make sure you’re using the latest version of the app. Fortunately, this browser receives very frequent updates, in order to provide the best possible user experience.
Install the latest version for optimal performance and access modern features like social media integrations and VPN.
1. Increase the volume of your device
The first approach to fixing the problem is to increase the volume of your device and see if it is high enough. You can press the FN + F8 keys together to increase the volume.
2. Allow sound access in opera settings
- Launch Opera browser and click on the Settings icon.
- Select the Advanced settings option.
- Select Privacy and Securitythen click Site settings.
- Go to Additional content settings and select Sound.
- Switch to the Allow sites to play audio option.
Reload the website and see if Opera can play the audio.
3. Clear browser cache and cookies
- Launch the Opera browser.
- Hurry CTRL+Gap+Delete to incite the Clear browsing data window.
- Be sure to select Cached images and filesthen select Erase data.
Clearing browser data will remove corrupted data from your browser. Restart your browser and see if the issue is resolved.
4. Update Opera browser
- Launch it Opera browser.
- Click it Menu button.
- Click on Updatethen select Recovery from the drop-down menu.
Opera will check for updates and install them automatically if available.
5. Check for hardware connection issues
To find where the problem lies with your hardware devices such as speaker or earphone, unplug all wired connections from your computer. Therefore, make sure to plug your gadgets into the correct ports and see if the issue still occurs.
- Right click on the sound icon in the lower left corner of your screen.
- Select Open sound settings.
- Select the other sound Options, then click App volume and device preferences.
- Click on Opera and press Default to change the output source.
In conclusion, if you still cannot solve the problem, we advise you to try another browser for better audio quality and see if the problem persists.
However, we recommend users to check our article on what to do if the browser does not support output device selection.
Please let us know if this guide helped you resolve your issue using the comment section below.
Start a conversation